Congratulations to the graduating class of 2016! This year, our PhD students landed tenure-track positions at Australian National University, College of William and Mary, Florida State University, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, University of California at Davis, and University of Essex; postdoctoral fellowships at McGill University, Science Po (France), and Peace and Democracy Institute at Korea University; and a private industry job at Facebook.
- Ph.D. Candidate Saad Gulzar's paper (with Ben Pasquale, NYU 2015), "Politicians, Bureaucrats, and Development: Evidence from India", has been accepted for publication at the American Political Science Review.
- The Monkey Cage blog, coauthored by Politics' Joshua Tucker, was named Best Group Blog by the Online Media Caucus of the International Studies Association.
- Politics honors student Isabelle Klinghoffer '16 has been awarded the Albert Borgman/Phi Beta
Kappa Prize for NYU's best honors thesis in social science.
- Prof. Martin Schain, whose career at NYU spans five decades, has been named a recipient of the College of Arts and Science's Golden Dozen Teaching Award.
- Prof. Patrick Egan has published new research in Nature on how pleasant weather may sending the wrong signal on climate change. He's also written an op-ed on these findings in the New York Times.
- The Politics Department is offering undergraduate classes in Summer 2016. A schedule of courses may be found here.