How To Get Help
- If you can send email, it's the best way to get tech support. Many people will see the e-mail and can respond even when the usual tech support person is busy or gone. Send an email describing your problem to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be as specific as possible and try to include as much of the following information as possible:
- The office or computer lab (335 or 435) that you were working in.
- The PC you were working on (in the labs, then name on the tag on the monitor, e.g. "System 10").
- The application you were using (Word, Excel, STATA, etc).
- The exact command you entered.
- An accurate description of the problem.
- Technicians will be onsite following the schedule below.
- If you can't send email or contact a lab tech in another way and the problem is urgent, contact Diana Barnes in room 214.
Tech and User Support
For General Hardware/Software Support: Marcus Lauer
- Monday - Friday : 9:00AM - noon and 1:00PM - 5:00PM
For Statistics Software[*] and Data Help: Melanie Goodrich
For Web Support: Chu Xu
[*]If you are looking for help related to a quantitative methods course, you should see your TA, not the datalab help person.
Note that Data Center staff are the ONLY people authorized to add software to the lab machines.